O.P.I (Over.Priced.I know)
Finally I can now paint my nails whenever I want to. Yahoo! I’ve been waiting for this time to come. OA much? But really! Because at work I cannot paint my nails because I’m working in a cafe, so it means I’m dealing with foods and facing costumers, and it’s really not hygienic.
But now I’m out of work, I’ve been painting and changing the color of my nails almost every other day, I know it’s bad for my nails, but YOLO!
For the past few months I’ve been buying nail polishes. There’s this discount shop where they sell O.P.I for a cheaper price. And so I bought one first and tried it. I don’t know what’s with the nail polish, why it is so expensive, it’s not that good, but they last longer than the cheaper ones, I guess? And they really got a huge variety of nice colours. So every pay day I buy at least one. I got six now, and I will not let myself to buy more.. for now.
Here it is…
(L-R) OPI.. Eurso Euro, Koala Berry, Black Onyx, You don’t know my jacques, Got the blues for red and Lincoln park after dark.
Quite interesting names, isn’t?
To all nail polish addicts out there, I would appreciate it much if you could give me good and cheap brands of nail polishes with nice shades. :)
Sixteen Small Steps to Happiness
“1. push yourself to get up before the rest of the world - start with 7am, then 6am, then 5:30am. go to the nearest hill with a big coat and a scarf and watch the sun rise.
2. push yourself to fall asleep earlier - start with 11pm, then 10pm, then 9pm. wake up in the morning feeling re-energized and comfortable.
3. erase processed food from your diet. start with no lollies, chips, biscuits, then erase pasta, rice, cereal, then bread. use the rule that if a child couldn’t identify what was in it, you don’t eat it.
4. get into the habit of cooking yourself a beautiful breakfast. fry tomatoes and mushrooms in real butter and garlic, fry an egg, slice up a fresh avocado and squirt way too much lemon on it. sit and eat it and do nothing else.
5. stretch. start by reaching for the sky as hard as you can, then trying to touch your toes. roll your head. stretch your fingers. stretch everything.
6. buy a 1L water bottle. start with pushing yourself to drink the whole thing in a day, then try drinking it twice.
7. buy a beautiful diary and a beautiful black pen. write down everything you do, including dinner dates, appointments, assignments, coffees, what you need to do that day. no detail is too small.
8. strip your bed of your sheets and empty your underwear draw into the washing machine. put a massive scoop of scented fabric softener in there and wash. make your bed in full.
9. organise your room. fold all your clothes (and bag what you don’t want), clean your mirror, your laptop, vacuum the floor. light a beautiful candle.
10. have a luxurious shower with your favourite music playing. wash your hair, scrub your body, brush your teeth. lather your whole body in moisturiser, get familiar with the part between your toes, your inner thighs, the back of your neck.
11. push yourself to go for a walk. take your headphones, go to the beach and walk. smile at strangers walking the other way and be surprised how many smile back. bring your dog and observe the dog’s behaviour. realise you can learn from your dog.
12. message old friends with personal jokes. reminisce. suggest a catch up soon, even if you don’t follow through. push yourself to follow through.
14. think long and hard about what interests you. crime? sex? boarding school? long-forgotten romance etiquette? find a book about it and read it. there is a book about literally everything.
15. become the person you would ideally fall in love with. let cars merge into your lane when driving. pay double for parking tickets and leave a second one in the machine. stick your tongue out at babies. compliment people on their cute clothes. challenge yourself to not ridicule anyone for a whole day. then two. then a week. walk with a straight posture. look people in the eye. ask people about their story. talk to acquaintances so they become friends.
16. lie in the sunshine. daydream about the life you would lead if failure wasn’t a thing. open your eyes. take small steps to make it happen for you.”
DIY: Tim Tam Cheesecake
So yesterday my sister and I got bored, and since I’m crying out for a cheesecake (charot nung crying out!) my sister and I decided to make one with my favorite and awesome biscuit, TimTam.
Here are the simple steps on how to make it.
(My sister really did all the mixing, pouring and all. I just watched her and took these photos, sobrang laki ng contribution ko diba? Waley! And yes, those are my hands)
I was thinking that this cheesecake would be really sweet but no, it’s perfect! Love it!
Thank you dear little sister for once again satisfying my craving needs. Cheeesssyyyyy!
Watzupp guys!! Another month again. It’s already half of the year. I wish “ber” month na.
YAY! It’s June and I’m officially a “TAMBAY” now. I don’t know if I’ll be happy that I’ll be staying home for few months or should I be sad because I won’t earn anymore money. But, I need more rest and to take care of myself first than to work (hard). Echos naman nung hard. Hehe!
May was not too hectic but not too relaxed either, semi semi lang. I needed to do a lot of thinking last month for my/our future, but now it’s official and I’m final with some of my decisions, although there are things that are needed to be sacrificed. Meganon.
Moving forward for this month.. I don’t really know what to do? Haha! Seriously. I want to read more books as many as I can because by next year I’ll be really busy with school and all.. I really can’t imagine being a bum, but I guess I have no choice. I’ll download games on my laptap so I won’t get bored.
June is our anniversary month. Akalain niyo yun, 7 years na! And it’s
Ymmandah and my mom’s birth month. And I heard that Pretty Little Liars Season 4 will air this month, yayyy!
That’s all for now! And yes, I will be updating my blog more from now on. I promise!!
BE GOOD, JUNE!
PS. I’m currently watching Game of Thrones. Any good series??
For the past few months or years? I’ve been buying things which I don’t really need and sometimes I don’t actually use at all, you know me! I’ve been buying make ups, clothes, bags and whatever I could buy whenever I go to the shops. I won’t leave the shops without getting something.
Moving on.. Last month, I bought something that I know I’ll be able to use and my money would be worth it. No, wait! I actually don’t know if it would be worth it until I tried using it.
I’ve been thinking of buying an ipad mini or kindle since last year. But I’m never a fan of ebooks so I’m having second thoughts, but I realised that I’ll be bum soon so I need to save more money and at least I should have something to do so I won’t get bored. I didn’t get the ipad for one reason, I might get distracted with the other apps if my main purpose of buying is for the ebooks.
So I got the Kindle Paperwhite, I so love it! Best thing I’ve ever bought since my iphone4s. Can’t go a day without using it. I have read 6 books since I got it. It’s pretty much easy to use and it’s really easy to find ebooks on the internet and just download it, it has a build in wifi so not a problem at all plus it has a built in backlight so I can also read before going to bed, yay!
Kindle Paperwhite Specification Highlights
- Patented built-in light evenly illuminates the screen to provide the perfect reading experience in all lighting conditions
- Even in bright sunlight, Paperwhite delivers clear, crisp text and images with no glare
- New hand-tuned fonts - 6 font styles, 8 adjustable sizes
- 8-week battery life, even with the light on
- Holds up to 1,100 books - take your library wherever you go
- Built-in Wi-Fi lets you download books in under 60 seconds
- New Time to Read feature uses your reading speed to let you know when you’ll finish your chapter
- Massive book selection. Lowest prices. Over a million titles less than $9.99
- 180,000 Kindle-exclusive titles that you won’t find anywhere else, including books by best-selling authors
Didn’t regret buying this!! Love love love it!
PS. Any books you could suggest guys? Thank you!
PSS. Add me on Goodreads (Click Here)
The Vampire Diaries Season 4 Finale
As I promised, I won’t spoil anything whenever I make a review BUT I bet the TVD fans have seen the finale anyway. I watched the last episode of TVD last night and watched it again earlier with my younger sister. Can’t move on, what a cliffhanger!
The last episode was.. Intense? Can’t find find the right word.
TVD already mastered the making of a good ending, it makes you look forward on the next episode, it makes you really think what would happen next.
I wonder what would happen to Stefan next season. I’m not a super fan of Stefan but I really like his character, the hero type guy. He makes me cry all the time. And also to Katherine, to be honest I like her more than Elena.
Can’t wait for Season 5!!!!!
Heypi Mother’s Dey
The original plan last Sunday was to eat at this newly opened Filipino Restaurant. It’s a bit far from where we live so we decided to celebrate/ eat at this Japanese Restaurant near our place.
It’s my first time to eat here, the food was nice.
Ang chubby na lalo ng pesh ko. Ahuhuhu!
Raiza and my mum.
My favorite!! Although bawal talaga sakin ang kumain nito. Sorry, can’t help it!
The “Bangus” which my mum had.
Beef Teriyaki and Chicken Katsudon
I can’t remember the name of the dish that I had because it’s not quite familiar, it’s my ever first time to try the food. It’s a chicken with a sweet and something sour on top. (or tartar sauce?) Di ko ma-explain. Basta ang sarap!
Isn’t obvious that we are all hungry and all the food that we had are was really good?
And because Raiza, my younger sister, loves froyo so much we passed by at Yogurberry before heading home.
I’m not of fan of yogurt so I focused more on the toppings. :P
Left side: Blueberry and strawberry froyo with healthy toppings.
Right side: Vanilla and strawberry froyo with unhealthy toppings.
My mom enjoying her own froyo na overloaded with toppings.
“God could not be everywhere and therefore he made mothers.”- Jewish Proverb
I’ve been tagged by.. (Sorry, I deleted the message. To whoever tagged me, please message me again!!) Anyway, thank you! :)
So here are some facts about myself that I want you guys to know, not too interesting though. Jeje!
I’m tagging everyone!! So we could get to know each other a little bit more. In a way? I guess? Let me know ah?! TA me!
Yay or Nay: Why We Broke Up
This book is pretty much easy to read. I guess I don’t really need to explain what the book was all about. Duh. Title pa lang? But yeah it’s about break up and the story is really predictable, well for me. I didn’t really like the book that much. I don’t really know why I bothered to finished this. Maybe because I’m just looking forward and curious of the cute images every chapter.
I don’t really think there’s something unique with this book. I guess if I’m going through a break up I would appreciate this book more. All I can say is.. Ed is stupid. And the reason why they broke up is a common reason why every couples do break up.
I would recommend this for younger people, maybe teens?
Why We Broke Up: 3 out of 5 and it’s a Nay!
Any good books??? :)